Not sure if we need a month to celebrate pizza, since we do a fantastic job eating it any month. But since October is giving us the green light, then I say let’s make the most out of it!
Just in case you’re having trivia night soon, a little unknown fact is other than the months of July, August and December, there is some type of pizza celebratory day in every month.
There’s nothing better than getting your family and friends together, buying all your favorite pizza toppings and having a pizza party night at home, it’s fun and delicious.
Below are a few essentials to making pizza night delicious…
- Pizza Dough – Making your own can be fun, but if you’re not into that or just don’t have time your local grocery store has so many options to choose from. Another option is to purchase pre-made dough from some of your local pizzerias. In St. Louis, you can purchase pizza dough from Trader Joe’s and Dewy’s.
- Pizza sauce– again, you can make your own or purchase at your local grocery store. Other options if you don’t want a red sauce is white or pesto.
- Toppings– This is where you get to be creative. Add whatever toppings you like. You could have your friends bring their favorite. Here are some ideas:
- Meats: pepperoni, ham, sausage, chicken, bacon, prosciutto, genoa salami, meatballs, canadian bacon
- Veggies: mushrooms, olives (green and/or black), artichoke hearts, onions (red/white/carmelized), bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, banana peppers, jalapeños, shredded lettuce, fig, garlic
- Fruit: Pineapple
- Cheese: Mozzarella, Provel, Goat, Gorgonzola, or a blend
- Other pizza options:
- Taco Pizza
- BBQ Pizza
- Breakfast Pizza
- Dessert Pizza
- Don’t forget some hot wings, breadsticks and your favorite ice cold beverage adds the finishing touches.
Another great way to enjoy pizza night and cooler, fall temperatures is to cook your pizzas on a stone on the barbecue pit.